Černobílá fotografie z Hluboké ulice ve Frýdku, v pozadí chrám Panny Marie1
The Visitation of the Virgin Mary Church in Frýdek was declared to be the basilica minor by the Pope John Paul II.
Černobílá fotografie s popisem na zadní straně: ul. Leninova před rekonstrukcí. Celkový pohled na Místek, Farní kostel, zámek, nemocnice, Evangelický kostel2
Following a number of troubles accompanying the process of naming the city since 1945, its name was finally determined as we know it at the present time - Frýdek-Místek.
Celkový pohled na Místek, v popředí Koloredovský most3
As of 1 January 1943, the merger of the two originally independent cities of Frýdek and Místek became effective under the standard name of Frýdek.
Pohledy na výstaviště výstavy Bezručova kraje pořádané v roce 19354
The first great regional exhibition was held in Frýdek - Bezruč Region Exhibition. The total area of the exhibition premises was 12,500 m², there were 157 exhibitors registered, with more 196 exhibitors registered in the cultural and beekeeping section. It is estimated the exhibition was attended by more than 100,000 people.
Vítání presidenta T. G. Masaryka na frýdeckém nádraží v roce 19305
Visit of the Czechoslovak president T. G. Masaryk to Frýdek. In that year, Masaryk made his trip to the Těšín region in order to declare his interest in this region with mixed nationalities. He arrived in Frýdek by train and delegates from both cities and a number of their citizens participated in the welcome ceremony at the railway station. He then left by car for Český Těšín to continue his program.
Pohled na pomník B. Smetany ve Smetanových sadech v Místku6
A great regional exhibition was held in Místek - Anniversary Exhibition of the Moravian-Silesian Beskydy Foothills. The exhibition premises were established all over the city, the Smetanovy sady park was adjusted as a part of preparation for the exhibition, etc. The exhibition became a great social and cultural event, passively or actively attended by an absolute majority of the city citizens.
Černobílá fotografie, pohled na shromáždění na frýdeckém náměstí, v pozadí radnice7
Following declaration of the independent Czechoslovakia on 28 October 1918, it was not sure whether Frýdek would become a part thereof. The city fathers were German. However, the Czech military unit from Těšín arrived in Frýdek and occupied all authorities and strategic points in the city and only then the city fathers claimed to become a part of the new Czechoslovak Republic.
Nádraží ve F-M roku 19808
Operation of the new line from Ostrava to Frýdlant nad Ostravicí was commenced, the railway line also passed Frýdek where a railway station was built. The new line enabled the citizens of both cities and owners of a number of industrial enterprises to enjoy better and faster connection not only with the vicinity, but the Emperor Ferdinand Northern Railway it was connected to provide connection to other locations all over Europe.
Jan Nepomuk Ferdinand, the Earl of Pražmo, sold the Frýdek manor to the Austrian archduchess Maria Christina of Habsburg and her husband Albert. The Frýdek district thus became a part of the chamber of Těšín, as the Těšín region passed to the possession of the Czech kings - the Habsburgs, as benefice, after the death of Duchess Elisabeth Lucretia at the end of the thirty-year war. They owned the manor till 1918 when all of their property in the territory of the newly created republic was nationalized.
Kostel Všech svatých - V Místku se starým hřbitovem. Hřbitov byl zrušen a roku 1913 vznikl park10
The plaque broke out in Místek which killed a lot of its citizens. As thank-you for lifesaving from the plaque, the Místek townsman Rudolf Vidomus and his wife Rozálie sponsored another Místek church - the All Saints church.
Dobové fotografie Frýdku-Místku poskytlo Muzeum Beskyd Frýdek-Místek, p.o.